1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with V2 Lens removal

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Weirdo007, Feb 20, 2005.

1. Weirdo007

Weirdo007 Regular member

Hey does anyone know how, or know of a site that can help me remove a 400B/C laser lens from the drive assembly? I have an old V2 mainboard PS2 that I am tinkering with, it quit working many years ago, (DRE) and I'm wanting to replace the lens and see if that gets it going again. I have it stripped down and have the drive assembly completely removed from the unit. I just need some help removing the lens assembly. Specifically what tools and how to do it. It looks like a need a small torx/star-bit driver and a micro philips but I'm not sure. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thxs!

2. Weirdo007

Weirdo007 Regular member

3. Weirdo007

Weirdo007 Regular member

Ok I figured out to get the lens assembly out of the drive, realized I had to eject the tray to expose the sled arms. Which brings me to another question: Can someone who has a v1-v4 ps2 mainboard, send me a picture of the [bold]DEFAULT POSITION[/bold] (I'm hoping each unit comes set the same from Sony) of the radial skew adjustment cog? It controls the angle of the lens by raising or lowering the lens assembly as it reads a disc along the sled arms, and I accidently bumped it by mistake. Here's a pic of what I'm talking about, it's the big white wheel.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2005
  4. Weirdo007

Weirdo007 Regular member

*bump* Anyone?