1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with Viper chip

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by gangley, Feb 23, 2005.

1. gangley

gangley Member

I managed to chip my cube ok but my friends cube iam having probs, I can flash the chip no problems but when I boot the cube up it goes to the nintendo menu not the viper menu, I have used comparison with the flasher and it says it's ok, does anyone have any ideas why it won't load the viper menu at the start ?? and yes I have disconected the programer after flashing the chip.

2. zerman

zerman Member

Yep i have your problem, have no idea what's going on

3. ssjowowo

ssjowowo Member

flashing the chip means that your power cables are ok(black and red) so the problem lies on the other two cables. basically go through a process of trial and elimination with these two wires to figure out what's going on. many people had the same problem and most of them had the yellow wire being naked further up from the soldering point and touching the heatsing. check this thing first and then check your wires again

4. gangley

gangley Member

I decided to check it via unplugging the chip and pluging in my chip and it works so it is a faulty chip, which is good at least I know now lol