1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help. Xbox needs service error.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by vcbc, Jun 30, 2007.

1. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

My friend wanted me to fix his XBOX since he dont like using his 360 to play orginal xbox 1 games. Calling Microsoft doesnt help they basically said get a new one. I would normally look up the information but i couldnt find much...
    well anyway its been a year already so i donno what i have done with it. When i had the xbox it would have the xbox require service and a broken dvd drive, i replaced the dvd drive with a LG drive that doesnt require a chip n i still have the error with no error code the xbox is version 1.0. I was thinking that i might have unplugged the IDE cable when it was on and the hdd is now unlocked but i have no clue since it didn't display a error code and when i try plugging it to my comp n start it up it would freeze during the bios. I was thinking of getting a cheap modchip if it could fix the problem, but i still have no idea what the problem is? Any clue on what I should do?
    thx

2. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Man, these Xbox forums are pretty dead... Anyone know if theres a way to get this to work? Im thinking of getting the DuoX 2 GS Cromwell chip to get this working, but i donno if it will get a xbox with a unlocked hdd to work.

EDIT:after searching around teammodders... i think i will stick to the duo x2 unless someoine has a reason not to...

Last edited: Jul 5, 2007