1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by stangboy, Nov 29, 2003.

1. stangboy

stangboy Member

can someone run through the process of ripping a dvd with "dvd decrypter", then compressing it with "dvd shrink"...I ripped a movie with decrypter, then tried to open it in shrink, but i get an error message saying it can't find the file!...yet i point it to the exact .ifo file that was made from ripping with decrypter...(was i supposed to rip a .iso file instead?...Any help is greatly appreciated

2. duffyr83

duffyr83 Guest

3. burns

burns Member

Why not just do these whole process on dvd shrink. It can decrypt and compress at the same time.

4. stangboy

stangboy Member

I tried using dvd shrink, but i got a encryption error...so then i used dvd encrypter to rip the movie...After this, i can't seem to load the file in dvd shrink...

5. duffyr83

duffyr83 Guest

use DVD decrypter to rip the dvd as an .iso file to your harddrive, then open it up in DVD shrink and make your compressions.

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

There seems to be a problem sometimes using Shrink and decrypter together. Sometimes file size doubles, sometimes other problems. I never had a dvd Shrink couldn't decrypt by itself. Another choice is try the trial versions of Anydvd and Clonedvd. Anydvd runs in the background as the decrypter while clone copies, shrinks if necessary, and burns back. Jerry

7. stangboy

stangboy Member

So dvd shrink supports .iso files??...

8. duffyr83

duffyr83 Guest

sorry i meant .ifo

the exact file you need to open in DVD shrink is the video_ts.ifo, after ripping it from dvd decrypter.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2003