1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help...

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by brewcityk, Nov 27, 2004.

1. brewcityk

brewcityk Guest

Hi,
    I am new to this. I was wondering if there is a faq here somewhere. Ive been seaching for the answers I need and I am coming up empty.

I downloaded the incredibles from bt. It is a winrar file. Unzipped it and it is two "cd's", each with a bunch more winrar files in them.

In the cd1 folder there is 56 winrar files labeled "ctp-inc1" and one file labeled:ctp-inc1.sfv"

In the cd2 folder there are 57 winrar files labeled "ctp-inc2", one file labeled "ctp-inc.nfo" and another labeled "ctp-inc2.sfv"

I read about a program called vcdgear, downloaded it and tried to use:

http://cd-rw.org/articles/archive/vcdgearburnatonce.cfm

to get something going but could not get it to open any files for me.

I also did some reading on alcohol 120 and came up with nothing.

So I have these two programs also nero and these files and have no idea in what Im doing.

Can someone head me in the right direction. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2004
  2. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

Did you unzip the files from cd 1 and cd2. There is only two ways that these type of files are uploaded as one is a cue and bin file or a video file that may or may not be converted. So just keep unziping the winrar files and you should end up with one or the other.

3. brewcityk

brewcityk Guest

I did unzip one of the winrar files in the cd1 folder.
    One is a .cue file and the other is not labeled a .bin file but when I check the properties it says it is a .bin file.

When I tried to unzip the second winrar file in the cd1 folder it said this file already exists in the folder I was unzipping it to so I didnt unzip the second. It says it is the same as the first.

When I tried to open the file in vcd gear it says it isnt a file that can be opened.

Do you have a suggestion on what I should do with the file that I unzipped. Or a suggestion on where to find the answer. All the searches Ive tried come back with nothing I can use.

Thank you for your reply.

4. brewcityk

brewcityk Guest

One more thing, how do I convert this bin and cue file into one that I can record to a disc?

The programs ask for .dat or mpeg etc...

5. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

You don't convert cue and bin files. You use a program that will burn cue and bin files. I use blindwrite.

6. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Or, simpler, you can use the unregistered (complusory burn at minimum speed) version of CDRWin.