1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by crzypinoy, Dec 28, 2004.

1. crzypinoy

crzypinoy Member

I just got DVD Xcopy platinum and everytime I use the simple or advanced method of copying a dvd it will copy the files and folders over to the new disc but I can't use them on any dvd players...it won't even auto play the dvd when i put it in my pc. Am I doing something wrong??? Please help!!! Also, it seems to be copying really slow. I have a 2 dvd burners on my computer...a 12x and 16x and it seems like the software is limiting me to 4x.

2. wild77

wild77 Guest

tyr using DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink both available here for free.They work much better then Xcopy ever did.There are plenty of guides on how to use these programs as well.Xcopy will only burn at 4x

3. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

the recommended speed when burning movies n games is 1x,and 2x. I wouldn't try 4x, not even talking about 8x or 16x like u say. The reason is compatibility.
    Try burning at 1x and see if u can get the dvd to play correctly.
    the reason your pc won't play the dvd when u pop it in the tray may b b/c u disable auto play.
    Ur dvd player won't auto play it or play it at all can b explained b/c u got a bad burn dvd. May b b/c u burn at 4x speed, or may b b/c u burn the movie on a bad media
    Try using like Ridata Ritek go4 DVD-r 4x

4. wild77

wild77 Guest

If you use good media and you have good software you can burn movies at 4x with no problems.I use a Plextor PX-712 and have burned at 12x.I usually keep it at 4x for best results.I am using DVD Decrypter with Nero Recode2 to encode/burn.Do yourself a favor and get rid of Xcopy it is outdated.

5. crzypinoy

crzypinoy Member

Thanks guys!! I downloaded DVD decrypter last night. I haven't tried it yet but I will tonight. I also took the dvd that i burned with Xcopy and tried it on my sony dvd player and it worked fine. I think it didn't work the first time I used it because I tried playing it on my aftermarket KLH dvd player. Anyways, is there anything else that I need to download before using decrypter?? If so please send me some links or something so that I can start using it. Thanks again guys!!!!

6. wild77

wild77 Guest