1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by blk5oh, Feb 20, 2005.

1. blk5oh

blk5oh Member

i got a v3 ps2 and i've been having trouble finding a fliptop for this version. i ordered one from clearxbox.com but it didnt fit. and unfortunately while i was tryin to install that fliptop i somehow disconnected the ribbon that connects to the power and eject buttons, and i dont know where to connect it back to. thanks for the help

2. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

look on the side of the main board. Ther eare 3 ribbons plugged in there normally, you should only see 2 plugged in now, and the 3rd (your eject cable) will plug into the empty slot

3. blk5oh

blk5oh Member

alright got it back in, but when i plug in the power cord, the red light is on, but when i press it, it doesnt change, whats the deal???

4. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

double check that you didnt get any of the pins on the cable bent over. They bend very easy and can peal right off the ribbon cable.

5. blk5oh

blk5oh Member

ok i got the ribbon to work by cleaning the ends of it with alcohol, now i only need to find a flip top for a version 3 ps2. theyre pretty hard to find, thanks for the help

6. epepper9

epepper9 Regular member

v3 fliptops go to http://www.fliptop.net and click "buy solid fliptop" then they hav efliptops for v1-v3 in solid blue, ivory and black. :)

7. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

or, you can just make your own. Thats what I did for my brothers V1 PS2. Just hack the top up and JBweld a hinge on it. Then you need to hack the top of the CD cover up. But you can JBweld that on too so it will have the magnet thing still in it. It took about 30 minutes to make the whole thing.

And since you are planning on getting a flip top anyway, if something goes wrong you can stiull just get the real flip top and put that on.