1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEED HELP!!!!!

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by witedawg, Mar 3, 2005.

1. witedawg

witedawg Member

I am ready to throw my phone along with my computer out the window! I have been through every tutorial on here I can find. None of them work to get my phone to connect to the computer. I have a V180 and windows XP. Heres what I am doing step by step.

1. Install P2k by using the found new hardware wizard.
    2. Install Motorola USB Modem (USBMOT2000) using hardware wizard. (I think this may be the problem as I assume the 2000 inthe name means its not an XP driver)
    3. Install MPT 1.23, then upgrade to 2.11.

AT this point nothing sees my phone. What am I doing wrong?

2. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

i guess u just figured out whats the problem, so what u need is the winXp driver, so just send me ur email via pm and i'll send it over :D

3. witedawg

witedawg Member

Thanks. I set you the PM.

4. witedawg

witedawg Member

Still nothing. When I check phone and Modem options, it shows the Motorola USB Modem Connected to COM3. But no programs, MOBILedit, P2KMan, or MPT will see the phone. They all say disconnected. WTF???

I got it to work once using MOBILedit, but once I restarted the computer, Windows lost the driver for some reason.

Could someone tell me exactly what I am adding when I do the add hardware? I get 2 options sometimes, Motorola USB Modem and Motorla USB Phone. I have tried installing drivers for both but still nothing.

Also, I use the P2K driver first when it says found new hardware. Then I go back and add hardware and add another device using the USBMot2000 driver? So now I would have 2 USB modems? Or am I upgrading the p2k Driver to the USBMOT2000?

Also, does it matter which COM port the phone is on? It seems to always want to go to COM 3.

5. witedawg

witedawg Member

It seems that MOBILedit can detect my connection, but it detects it as a modem and not as the actual phone. Are the drivers supposed to make it be recognized as a phone or just as a USB modem?

6. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

go to the safe mode of ur computer and delete all the drivers for the motorola from the device manager and restart ur computer, and plug ur phone and install the drivers again...

7. witedawg

witedawg Member

Ok I did that. I deleted all the drivers for Motorola stuff. Now I installed p2k driver when the computer detected my phone. I now have a Motorola USB Modem as a device. Now what do I do next? A

t this point, nothing detects my phone. I have tried PSKMan, MPT and Mobiledit. None of them detect the phone.

8. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

will u tell me what service pack do u have??

Last edited: Mar 9, 2005
  9. witedawg

witedawg Member

I have the original Windows XP. I am unable to download any service packs at all.

10. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

how come u r not able to download any service pack???????!!!!!

11. witedawg

witedawg Member

Because I can't. why do I need them for something?

12. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

sometimes the MPT needs SP2 to work on it, depends on the version of the phone,,,,

13. Wizardtom

Wizardtom Member

have you tried installing PST? PST directory comes with the only p2k drivers that have worked with my phone.

I also sometimes must run PST first, then simultaniously open p2kman before p2kman sees my phone. As for MPT, after installing PST and using its drivers MPT worked fine.

14. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

well the PST its same drivers for the P2K but the MPT is different, so thats y u can connect through the P2K, and not the MPT...

15. witedawg

witedawg Member

What is PST?

I have not been able to get anythng to see my phone except a programn called MOBILEdit. I was able to edit my phonebook and copy a picture over from my computer. The only drivers I had at that point was the ones that came with MPT.

But after I shut down, it somehow lost the drivers and tried to reinstall them again. After that it did not work. I was able to get MOBILEedit to see my phone one more time btu once I restarted, again the drivers somehow disappeared.

16. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

use the P2K drivers they might help...