1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Games' started by kimmiek, Mar 10, 2007.

1. kimmiek

kimmiek Member

OK i know i am not the smartest person in the world but it dont help when i am old!!! My son is getting a PSP for his birthday and i seen where you could download games and just pay a one time fee. Do i have to buy a memory stick or card to do this?

2. paul91

paul91 Regular member

do not get sucked into these scams where u pay a 1 time fee for unlimited games, movies, music etc! they are a complete waste of money and all the downloads can be found free of charge off torrent sites such as scrapetorrent.com

and yes u do need a memstick (1gb at least) as psp iso's can vary hugely from around 100mb to 1.7gb ;)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2007
  3. kimmiek

kimmiek Member

So no matter what i do i still have to buy memory?? Do i need to buy memory if i buy games from a store instead?? I went to walmart today and they only had one memory card for a psp and it was 50.00 is that the going rate for them?

4. paul91

paul91 Regular member

well if u download the games there is a way of playing them through usb and so u dont need a memstick (but then u cant take your PC around with u everywhere can u? :p)

and yes, if u buy games from a shop (or online) then u dont need a memstick but if u want to save your game progress then u will need one

as for the price they do vary quite alot. its best to go for an online site with a good reputation and cheap prices. remember to avoid ebay at all costs when buying memsticks! 95% of them are fake!

*edit* just found this list of trusted memstick sellers on ebay http://reviews.ebay.com.au/FAKE-Son...Gate-Cards-Exposed_W0QQugidZ10000000001535703

Last edited: Mar 11, 2007
  5. EvilModda

EvilModda Regular member

I suggest getting a 2 gig or (better a 4 gig). Then going to http://www.whiteone.wordpress.com and click the forums tab and go to games and just look at the threads from there. So no if you have a nice big memory card you do not need to buy games. But it is nice to have one, cheap game UMD game just incase.