1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need huge help :( can't extract 67 files

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by SunofOdin, Feb 21, 2007.

1. SunofOdin

SunofOdin Member

I have this game named Valkyrie Profile split in 76 files I think. I tried 2 things:

Winrar - Didn't work, said file was corrupted, which is false.
    7zip - Same thing happened/

I didn't know what to do in order to burn this game so I searched the net for a program to open or join files that end with .001 .002 .003 and etc and I found HJsplit. I downloaded like an old version and put the hjsplit32.exe in the same directory as all my 76 files. I executed the program and waited for it to join all the files. Now I got one big file and I deleted all the small ones and used winrar and 7zip again to extract.

I named the file (it didn't have an extension so I had to put .rar/.7z) then I extracted. And I still have this big file that is 4.6 gigs that I can't extract :( :( :(

winzip - SAME THING AGAIN except it asks for the same file name with ".r00" extension....so I'm really confused. When it asks for that file, I cancel the window then it says file corrupted.

7z - Same thing happens as first time.

So now I'm really confused as to what to do now and would appreaciate any help in this matter. I still have the big file that is 4.6 gigs and I can't manage to extract it without having "file corrupted" message :( :( :(

Last edited: Feb 21, 2007
  2. hursty

hursty Active member

what makes you so sure the files are not corrupt?

3. dazila

dazila Regular member

The 76 files go into winrar select the first one ussually the one with 001 and extract the iso if it dosent work to me it seems this is a torrent downlaoded game go back into your client and make sure that under files all the files are 100% Downloaded from past experience some just stop and dont download but because the file then gets excluded the overall 100% is still there confusing users that it "IS" finished so check all the files if the Iso cannot be extracted.