1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need info from people who own DivX certified player

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by vng78, Mar 25, 2005.

1. vng78

vng78 Member

Hi,

I've got a few divx movies that I'd like to put to a DVD-R and so it can be played on a divx player in the future. Now I've learned so far that I can just copy them as data as I normally would.

Now, I'd like to put each movie into its own directory with subtitle so e.g. each directory would contain 1 avi and 1 sub (could be .srt or .sub) so they'll be neatly organized. The question is, does the directory matter? Will the divx player be able to find the avi and play it?

What about subtitle? Will it also pick it up? I haven't found much info on subtitle. What formats are supported?

Appreciate if someone could give me some answers / confirmation or point me to the relevant links.

Thanks!!!

2. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

It's up to you how you would like to organise the files... If they have the same name (except for extension, of course) then naturally they will be placed next to each other in the directory.

I have a Philips dvp-642 and if you place files inside folders (just like on windows) you can simply open up each folder... so that's another option.

As far as which types are supported... there is quite a few which are supported by this player, however I have been exclusively using the .srt format as I have found this the easiest to work with.