1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Info On PS2 HDD

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by hambone38, Oct 7, 2004.

1. hambone38

hambone38 Member

i might sound dumb but im a newbie at this ps2 stuff just need some info on the hdd's i've done some research and kno about hd loader what i dont kno is if its worth me tryin to do i have an extra hard drive that would fit but do i need a mod to the ps2? or a swap disk? ne thing of that nature? srry if this is a dumb post just tryin to get info

2. azn_kda

azn_kda Regular member

you don't have to have modchip to put games on your hdd but you'll also be needing the original hdloader to boot the hdloader in order to do that. if you have a modchip or swap disk, there's a site you can download hdloader and you can get yourself a copy and use it on your ps2. you can also use hdloader memory card exploit by using psx to boot the hdloader.

3. hambone38

hambone38 Member

thanx man i apprecaite your help so u burn the hdloader then run it on psx or am i just a moron and not understanding correctly or do u have to have a mem card reader again thanx for your help

4. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

you have to buy hdloader/advance if you dont have a chip or SMD.

5. hambone38

hambone38 Member

so theres no other way accept to buy it i normally would accept i encountered a problem with a gaurd rail a year ago and still am not walking i dont really have the money to do all that so ne help would b muchly appreciated thank you