1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need info on running a linux program on ps2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by cry4U, Aug 17, 2007.

1. cry4U

cry4U Member

first off, i would like to thank everyone at the afterdawn forums. really great information. now onto the main subject at hand.

i was thinking about installing and running linux on the ps2, so i would be able to play an open source game called Mugen. I searched this forum and googled it, but to no avail i found answers i needed. i was wondering how linux is on the ps2, and if i was going to run this application, how would game run. so far, i gathered enough information on putting linux on the ps2, but i would like to know if anyone has tried this task and successfully did it or failed it. the reason why the linux version of mugen is what im using is because linux is the only version that supports dual controllers on a regular computer. thanks everyone.

2. rdn98

rdn98 Regular member

Windows mugen does not let you use dual controllers?

That's not cool.

Where is this linux tutorial that you speak of?

3. cry4U

cry4U Member

4. eecomp

eecomp Member

As far as I know, the only way to get Linux for ps2 is the Sony Linux kit, and that is very expensive. Please someone prove me wrong 'cause I'd like a free distro that works on PS2.

5. rvinkebob

rvinkebob Regular member

They abandoned the Linux Kit a long time ago. Your best bet is to search ebay for a cheap kit or look for the DVD's. All you need are the DVD's as long as you have any 128GB HDD or less, a USB Keyboard and Mouse, and a PS2 of course (fat one only).