1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need info

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bandog, Feb 17, 2005.

1. bandog

bandog Guest

I have dfabx...it sez it can repair bad spots on the disc..can it repair bad scratches or just light surface scratches? Also, are dfabx & defab plat. the same? Which is better if they are different? Also, because I'm using hotmail, will I still be able to d/l the program when I buy it? and up-grades to the program as well?...thanx ahead of time for your help

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

NO software program can actually repair disks PERIOD!!

They just simply insert (dummy) sectors in where the disk is scratched or dirty or they just plain ignor errors. This is not always a good thing as you may be missing an important file on the DVD, but they can help you with problematic disks that you really want backed up.

3. bandog

bandog Guest

thanx...I was hoping against hope that it would...tryin to copy antz for my daughters.....will I be able to d/l the program from hotmail to my computer? Igot a message when I first tried to join and a message appeared saying I could'nt because aol wouuld not allow it.No program d/l or upgrades is that correct?

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I'm really not sure about DVD Fab I havent used that proggy in over a year, but I'm sure someone here can help you out with that program. If you want you can back up your DVD with free software check out the guide here http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/

Good Luck :)

5. bandog

bandog Guest

thanx bbmayo......I looked at the site you recommended....I'm afraid it's a bit to complicated for me unfortunately....I am truely a "newbie"...I really like this dfabx..it's really simple for someone of my computer saave.Although I have had problems with copying disc's with scratches minor as they may be.Is there a better program that I can use that is just as simple? Or do I need to go to school to learn how to use it?....

6. bandog

bandog Guest

thanx bbmayo......I looked at the site you recommended....I'm afraid it's a bit to complicated for me unfortunately....I am truely a "newbie"...I really like this dfabx..it's really simple for someone of my computer saave.Although I have had problems with copying disc's with scratches minor as they may be.Is there a better program that I can use that is just as simple? I'm kinda scared of messing with programs I don't know about

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Try the guide I just put on there using AnyDVD & CloneDVD it is very simple and one of the fastest ways to back up a DVD (20 to 30 min from start to finish)