1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need knowlegable helpers

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by ghazgull, Jul 2, 2007.

1. ghazgull

ghazgull Member

So ive been trial and erroring for about a week. I use many programs like Xilisoft,IMTOO,DVD Catalyst 2.0, and all the other 'basic' video editing tools.

I am trying to get DVD's into AVI files approx 700-900MB in size w/ decent/high quality.

I seem to be at an impass. While im not a noob at this, im also not an expert. Ive done lots of extra research and tried countless different programs, but still I see a bit of interlacing and annoying big pixels. Ive tried all kinds of codec types, xvid,divx,avi,mo4,h264

What programs do you use to go from DVD-AVI and what codec/settings do you use???

Thanks all

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. ghazgull

ghazgull Member

Thanks for the advice,and yea lol i noticed it takes a wihle, but is there anything that is more mainstream, something more basic but still puts out good quality. I noticed AGK has lots of other small tasks that have the be 'clicked' and usually i am not around, being mostly at class or something, anything thta converts faster and have that 'set it and forget' mentality?

4. gibbo123

gibbo123 Member

The time it takes depends on your equipment

It takes me about an hour with AutoGK

5. jony218

jony218 Guest

If you have your dvd movies saved as ISO files(only works on ISO files) try Fairuse 2.6. The free version of this program will allow you to get a DVD movie and convert it to a 700mb AVI. The full(paid version) allows a final AVI file of up to 1400mb. From my expierence for decent quality you need at least 1000mb (for my bigscreen LCD), but alot of people are satisfied with 700mb. I've used this program for over an year with out any audio/sync problems. It's fairly easy to use, and you can batch convert numerous ISO files at one time with the program turning your computer off when it's done. I tried many other programs but this the only that never let me down.
    From my own expierence (non-scientific viewing on TV screen) I think DIVX has the better quality at the lower file size, but for compatibility reasons I just used XVID and made my files larger to compensate, and always use the 2-pass encoding method.

http://www.fairusewizard.com/lang_en/fairuse_wizard_dvd_divx_xvid_backup_tool_light_edition.html

6. 321obbig

321obbig Member

I tried fairuse 2.6 today and i am extremely disappointed after the hype, it takes Way to long same files Fairuse 69min AutoGK 51min.

Same movie same computer

7. ugc

ugc Regular member

one of my favorites is avi.net

easy to use, and gives you a quality factor, so you know what the output will be.

You can check it out here, totally FREE:

http://www.clonead.co.uk/