1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need link for ydl (yellow dog linux)

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by secKEn, Dec 27, 2007.

1. secKEn

secKEn Guest

Please post a lick for pdl to me because i just got a ps3 and i want it... I looked it up on google but don't want to download viruses.

2. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

Look into Ubuntu linux. I had yellow dog and switched to Ubuntu. Ubuntu is much easier to use for those new to linux.

3. secKEn

secKEn Guest

OOOOkay, but whats the link my friend???

4. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

I typed into the search box of GOOGLE "PS3 Ubuntu linux" and on the first result of the first page i found this link.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PlayStation_3

5. lubricant

lubricant Guest

6. lubricant

lubricant Guest

sorry i didn't see youre concern aboot viruses... just make sure to download an image file, ok?

it'll go on either a burned cd (in ubuntus case) or dvd (yellow dog) or if you have a sizeable enough flash drive i "think" itll work on that, too.

7. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

If you use the link i posted it will take you to the OFFICIAL site for Ubuntu PS3.Just copy and paste the link,it will supply you with live CD images(iSOs)and it will also give you a tutorial on how to install it to the PS3.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007
  8. secKEn

secKEn Guest

Thanks a lot guys.(too bad u can't play backups though... i wish that they came out with a psp type custom firmware)

9. secKEn

secKEn Guest

One more thing, does linux replace Original firmware?
    also i think i see an exploit (correct me if im wrong) but my external hard drive syncs up to the ps3 so if you were to download a torrent of a game you can download off of psn install linix and then copy the game from the hard drive to the game folder you culd play it????
    Worth a shot i think...

10. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

Linux dosnt replace the Original firmware,there is an exploit but it has been patched by firmware 2.10 so if you have that it wont work.Futhermore i dont think we are allowed to talk about such exploits on Afterdawn.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2008
  11. secKEn

secKEn Guest

Really?
    oops...