1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need matrix help!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by darthnip, May 13, 2003.

1. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

ok i got the chip flashed and everything went fine. installing the chip i only get a red flashing light, never green flashing light. sometimes if i move it then power up, it flashes green like twice, then goes back to flashing red. can you align with the power on and get the green light, or do you need to keep moving then power up? i can see a few of the pins and the pin in the front, they seriously look lined up to me, and making good contact. could i have a bad LED or something? i see the holes thru the alignment holes by the main pin even, they are dead center, but still no green light for more than 2 blinks. help!!

2. jcburf

jcburf Member

although i havent sucessfully booted evoulutionx i have sucessfully installed my matrix. dont worry about getting electricuted keep it plugged in while u try to align it, its much easier. just remember to stay away from the areas with the lectric warning stickers! u'll be ok

3. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

yeah i'm hip, i'm an electrical guy so i know how not to get bit. turns out thew damn thing was lined up after all. i get a couple green flashes then red flashes so i said screw it and put it all back together and it works fine. loaded up evox, put in some skins, FTP'd no problem. made my first working backup on the first attempt, plus played the game from the hard drive, all with no problems.