1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need need the smartest mofo on the board. Pioneer 108 problem

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by cypha79, Dec 15, 2004.

1. cypha79

cypha79 Member

Alright here is the deal:
    I have a pioneer 108 firmware 1.18.

Disc's I used:
    Spin-X---Works fine except one or two. prodisc manufactured. +/- used. 50 or more used

RitekG04 4X printable---Movies skip like CRAZY if I can even get out of the menu or even to the menu. 30 or more used. Not a signle good burn.

Fujifilm---Works fine. 15 used

Ridata---Worked fine. only 1 tested. G04

Prodisc 8x printable--- Works fine through most of the movie bt starts to skip badly at the end of the disc.

Memorex 4x printable DVD+R---Most work fine but a few do the same as the ones below. 30 or more used MCC-003

Memorex 4x printable DVD+R---None of these have worked. They fail verfication skip or do not read. If I fog the bottom of the disc with my breath I can see a line at about the 3Gig mark all the way around the disc. CMC-MAG-F01. 20 or more used. If I burn the whole disc there is a small area that is NOT burned all the way around the disc. Not in the same place as the line from frosting the disc. A few of the MCC's have done this as well.

as of right now it seems I have these bad disc's. 100 prodisc, 100 Ritek, 100 Memorex.
    This seems illogical that the problem lies with the media. Is this a burner issue?

BTW I had this issue with 1.08 firmware and 1.18 firmware. ASPI layers are up to date.

same results with nero, dvddecryptter, Sonic Record Now.

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

From what you posted, use Fujifilm or Ridata media. The media does have alot to do with whether or not you get a good burn.

The Memorex CMC-MAG-FO1 should be thrown in the trash, because that is what they are. The MCC should be good.

3. cypha79

cypha79 Member

I have heard that about the CMC and like I said they were horrible. I took those memorex's back and bitched my way to a $106.00 giftcard. not too bad considering 1/4 are already burned.

I know about generic media being exactly what it is but ho can I possibly have this many bad ones.

I would like to use only those dvdr's but I need some full coverage printable media. I also want to know whats wrong because its obviosly not right.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2004