1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need new cheap Vhs hifi machine Where to get ?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by BIGTOXY69, Nov 25, 2007.

1. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

I'm trying to find a inexpensive VHS HIFI recorder to copy tapes over to my Liteon-5005 I don't need a built in DVD recorder or player built in ! been looking locally and all anyone has a Combo- DVD/VHS players or Recorders ! I realize that Tape based media in general and Video tape in particular is getting to be a Dieing or atleast mortally wounded technology in the sense that dvd players are taking over the low end ( for people who only play movies ect... ) and DVDR's DVD Recoders are taking up the middle to high ground for those who want to record ! I don't wanna buy pawn shop crap ( Other peoples junk ) or Refurbs if I can avoid it ? I need help { Calgon take me away LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) thanx

2. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Bro, last time I saw what you are asking for was at Big/Lots and a 99cent discount store.And that was last month!

3. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

yeah I've been doing a lotta internet shopping around and research and it appears the stand alone VHS Machine is an antique ? as well as being extinct ? The only ones I could find were refurbs or Used models that cost as much as a cheap new one does or did ?and that was on EBay !!!!! I suppose it's down to either buying a combo unit VHS HIFI /DVD Player/Recorder or Do some creative patch cord work with my living room system ? Thanx's for the help anyways Ciao!!!!!!!!!

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

are you looking for an ordinary vcr machine?

5. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

it seems that's what he wanted, except as high quality as possible for the best results.

6. varnull

varnull Guest

And hi-fi.. know the difference??

Has the audio tracks interleaved with the video, usually 6 head machines..
    I don't think they make them any more, and haven't for a few years.

There is nothing wrong with a quality used unit.. the really good ones like panasonic multi standard (the ones that do ntsc4.43 as well as pal) will be as good as new.. whereas cheap rubbish will be cheap rubbish.. regardless of whether it's new or used.

Lets put it this way.. I have a pair of jvc top loading machines from 1980.. both are in 100% working order with the original heads, and make nice pictures.. as good as anything later.

this is an example of a really good quality machine.. with probably another 10 years perfect playback and recording in it http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JVC-BR-S810E-...oryZ3319QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem

and this is a cheap and nasty machine
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Philips-HiFi-...oryZ3318QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

7. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

yes I do know the difference between a Hifi VCR and a standard unit ! I go back to the beta HIFI days before VHS HIFI existed So I been around a a little while ! Thanx for the help ! I'll probably just either do some creative Patch cord work on my surround sound system and replace the connections going to my sony VHS HIFI deck which needs to be repaired and connect them instead to my Liteon 5005 and just copy over from The Sony's Identical twin through my reciever Or ust catch a sale on a Combo unit and use the Vhs Hifi Part or that ? Either way thanx again gang Ciao!!!