1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need new dvd drive for 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by lucas23, Feb 10, 2007.

1. lucas23

lucas23 Guest

dose any 1 no a good web s ite weer i can buy a new dvd drive for my 360 as my 1 all ways keeps cuming up with dirty disc all the time so im after a new drive if any 1 nows were please leave a line with the web sites addy in or if any 1 nose what causes the dirty disc error let me no as i want to be sure its the drive

2. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

what drive and what firmware are you using?

3. lucas23

lucas23 Guest

im using verbs at the moment its the drive gives me dirty disc on every dvd 9 i put in even real 1s but with any dvd 5s the dvd drive plays perfectly fine with its just the dvd 9s i have tryed loads of discs aones traxdata verbs and they all say dirty disc on them all but my mates plays the aones and verbs perfectly

4. lucas23

lucas23 Guest

the drive i got is a samsung and the firmware is the newest 1 out as i got the guy put the new firmware on 4 me to see if it was my old version of the firmware that was faulty

5. slycklink

slycklink Member

I'm in the same boat as Lucas. I have a Samsung drive and the lens are really weak so I have to either replace the lens (is that possible?) or just replace the DVD drive with another Samsung. I'd much rather replace the lens since I can get lens for $10 as opposed to buying a new DVD drive that costs $100. Any suggestions? Thanks.