1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need New Rom

Discussion in 'DVD-ROM drives' started by tmuels, Mar 14, 2007.

1. tmuels

tmuels Member

I'm looking for any suggestions on what is the best DVD-Rom.

I just bought a new HP and want to switch out the burner and add a DVD-Rom in the extra bay. In my old computer I have a benq 1650 and a liteon 167t. I'm very happy with both. When I read about benq going out of business I bought some extra ones and still have them new in the box. Most threads I read everyone still likes that burner but what a about the DVD-Rom is the 167t still good or are there better ones out now.

Just in case I'm jumping the gun on the drive that came with my new computer does anyone know about it. It's a HP and when I click on the drive properties it said, TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H653L

Thanks

2. tmuels

tmuels Member

3. tmuels

tmuels Member

Just wondering if anyone knows about the drive that came with the coputer. Should I keep it and update the firmware if there is any or should I replace it with the Benq 1650. Either way I go with the drives I would also like to know a good web site to update the firmware. Thanks for reading and any help or suggestions.