1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need new solution for avi mpeg mp3 to home entertainment center

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by cern, Jul 22, 2003.

1. cern

cern Guest

Currently I run a s-video cable to my television input, a audio cable from my soundcard to my stereo and all is well. I use tv-tool to play files on my tv, and of course I play mp3's thru my stereo. This is all easy to do cable wise in an apartment. I'm moving next week to a large house and my computer will be downstairs in my home office and my entertainment center will be upstairs on the opposite end of the house. Running cables is almost impossible. Does any company make a home theatre tuner with ethernet capibilities so I could plug it into a wireless lan? Is that even remotly possible? There has to be an easier solution here. Help me see the light!

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

You might consider a shuttle-pc? Heck if you go to a local university and look through their junk sales and stuff... you can probably get an old Pentium II for cheap and make it into a multimedia computer!_X_X_X_X_X_[small]ASUS A7V8X-X, AMD2500+
    Samsung 1024MB, PC2700
    360GB [3x120GB, 7200, 8MB]
    MSI Starforce, GeForce4 Ti4400 128MB

AFTERDAWN IRC: irc.emule-project.net, #ad_buddies
    COME SAY HI![/small]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2003
  3. cern

cern Guest

I've got several machines like that in storage - I just really dont want to have a computer in the living room anymore. Wifey says it doesn't look good. Was hoping someone made a box or something that would do what I need.

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Shuttle pc's are small and can be hidden/worked into the decor... heck they are about the size of a football. And they look like stereo equipment -- quite cute (cant believe i saying this ;-) ). Take a second look at them!