1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need of help

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jjdavid, May 1, 2003.

1. jjdavid

jjdavid Member

i'm new to all this and i have read all the beginners instructions and i still can't seem to burn a dvd based game. I have a hp dvd writer 200i and i am using nero. I'm trying to copy on a dvd+rw disk! I am trying to copy nba street vol.2. I have a v7 and a messiah mod chip (not sure which one). I tried copying on the fly, not sure what to do, please help! (is the game protected or something?)

2. rainking

rainking Member

I use to use nero but soon notice that not all games would work for me so i started to use recordnow dx. Haven't made one coaster with it. 100% perfect backup copies so far on recordnow dx. If you do use nero, get the latest full version. I wouldn't recomend on the fly unless you have your dvd-rom and dvd burner on seperate ide i.e one on primary and the other one on secondary. Just make an image on the hard drive. More reliable that way anyways. Also, try to burn at a slower speed 1.0X. If all fails, try another media. Hope this helps.

3. jjdavid

jjdavid Member

thanks

are some of the newer dvd games more difficult to copy or as long as you have a modchip and a dvd burner you can do it?????????(sorry if stupid question!)

thanks

4. rainking

rainking Member

Not stupid at all. I was asking the same questions not to long ago. I say you can back up about 95% of the games out there. The ones you can't are the dvd9 (dual-layer)based ps2 games...not much yet but looks like the future of ps2 games are going to be (not to worried because someone will find a way to back it up any ways)and games that does a double check like splinter cell.

Last edited: May 1, 2003