1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need opinion for my computer set-up FIRST TIMER!!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by psrg, Jan 12, 2007.

1. psrg

psrg Guest

Ok I want to build a really mean computer, this is my first time building one though. So I just went on newegg.com and put together a list, as it sits its 1300 with monitor. So can you guys let me know if everything will work together, and if this is all I need besides XP. Also any suggestions are open, like i said i pretty much just went on the website and picked the first thing I saw, so if you would change anything what would ya change,

http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/Shopping/shoppingcart.asp?submit=ChangeItem

APEVIA X-CRUISER-BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
    +COOLMAX "PCI Express" CXI-400B ATX v2.01 400W Power Supply

20x dvd burner w/ lightscribe

Western Digital Caviar SE WD2500JS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

viewsonic 19" widescreen monitor

connect3D 3059 Radeon X1900XT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 VIVO Video Card

Creative Sound Blaster SB0570 Audigy SE 7.1 Channels PCI Interface Sound Card

CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model

MSI 975X Platinum V.2 LGA 775 Intel 975X ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Conroe 2.13GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80557E6400

Thermaltake CL-P0114 CPU Cooler with Heatsink

So yeah I pretty much want just a really good computer, and I want it to be as updated as possible. Can you guys let me know if my motherboard/processor/video card etc will all fit together. If you guys think this is a garbage set-up please feel free to give me a list what what you would do, because any help on this would be awsome, like is the case i have big enough, or would you suggest a better video card to go with what i want. I mainly want a core2 duo processor, with 2 gig memory, and a 256 video card. If there a better processor than a core2duo? Thanks so much!!!!

2. elokito

elokito Regular member

it seems all will fit together (the link doesn't and wont work since its tied with ure account) the only thing i would recommend is to buy a stronger power supply 500watt or more besides that it all looks perfect

now that i check the sound card that 1 is weak and cheap so dont expect anything good from it if u have 100bucks more to spend i would go for this sound card u wont regret it http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829102005

Last edited: Jan 12, 2007
  3. psrg

psrg Guest

Yeah im not too worried about the sound, I may just get something a little better.

But my main concern is will everything fit together, like the motherboard, video card, sound card, processor.

Also after I put it all together do I just turn it on and install windows xp and thats it??

Also I changed my video card to the GeForce 7950 gt video card. So the thing with the processor, I see people are 'tuning' it and messing with it. If I buy it all do I just have to put it together, or do i have to tweak it somehow?? Also will DDR2 be supported, or do I need regular DDR??

4. elokito

elokito Regular member

yes all the parts will fit just put everything in its place turn it on and install windows yes our motherboard only supports ddr2

Last edited: Jan 12, 2007
  5. psrg

psrg Guest

Alright great, thank you so much for your help!!! Im just going to get a 500 watt case and get the card you sugested with some speakers and bass. Is there any other suggestions you would make to this???

6. elokito

elokito Regular member

nop everything seems cool

7. psrg

psrg Guest

Alright, thanks again. but how would I install Windows?? I mean im probably just going to get it from torrentspy.com or demonoid or something, so do I just burn the files as data and try to install on the new comp after its started up??

8. elokito

elokito Regular member

well after ure done pirating u just put all the pc parts together and when the pc starts press del/supr and u will enter the bios there u could change the boot prority or simply press f11 when the pc turns on with the xp cd in and choose the cd rom

9. lecsiy

lecsiy Regular member

@psrg

I hope that was just a huge typo! You dont wanna go around talking about downloading windows. Just buy it then youve got nothing to worry about with the genuine advantage!

Once youve bought it. Do the following:

Turn Pc on

Enter bios

Change boot order to boot from CD

Then save and quit

Then just follow the instructions and install your LEGAL version of windows.

Lecsiy