1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need patches for these games XIII, THUG and Tombraider 6 all in dvd-r

Discussion in 'PS2' started by dan_alex, Jan 26, 2004.

1. dan_alex

dan_alex Member

Need patches for these games XIII, THUG and Tombraider 6 all in dvd-r because these 3 games after i boot them the screen goes black can anyone help me?

2. fly_low

fly_low Member

Ive backed up both thug and X111 no problems well actually i used better media for thug because the cheap was having probs, but without a patch. I have a V7 with Magic 3.1. I use cheap ass comp usa dvd-r on games below 3 gigs. and tdk on bigger games like thug or tiger woods 04. try better quality dvd-r burn at a slow speed like 1x. Ive also noticed sometimes if you apply a label it messes with the discs.

3. account

account Guest

what type of chip do you have? if you are using the swap method go here and get cd loaders for the games http://www.swapmagicfix.com

4. Viktor2k

Viktor2k Member

I had this problem funnily enough I had the Messiah chip. Try converting the video mode from Pal to NTSC or vise versa. I know it sounds daft but it worked for me.

5. dan_alex

dan_alex Member

I tryed to convert from ntsc to pal with adr v0.5 and i stiil have the same problem is there a better program?

6. Viktor2k

Viktor2k Member

I use NTSCONV in DOS and it works. Also try differn't discs I changed my discs recently and they all work fine now without patching. I have come to the conclusion PS2's are very picky when it comes to discs. Doesn't mean you get the expensive ones. You can buy a sample pack for a very small price with a few differnt blank dvds see which works best for you and get them from now on.

Hope this helps.

p.s. If you want to know where you can buy sample packs look on google. There very easy to find or try Ebay maybe you get some good deals on there.