1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

----- NEED REAL PSP HELP TO UPGRADE FROM 3.52 M33-4 TO 3.71M33-2

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by tinylogic, Oct 17, 2007.

1. tinylogic

tinylogic Member

OK!

Various threads on this topic are here already.

I'm currently using 3.52 M33-4 CFW. Many thanks to that guy who wrote the tutuorial. I've checked it like 23 times already.

So I decided to go another step to get into 3.71 M33-2, I guess that's currently the best for a phat PSP?

I followed the steps, downloading the official 3.71 update AND the 3.71 m33 followups. Copied the UPDATE folder into PSP/GAME/ directory , changed the EBOOT.PBP file to 371.PBP. But when i go into games and the extra icon I see turns out to be corrupted data.
    When I changed the file back to EBOOT.PBP, the games section reads the update perfectly, except it says :

'game could not be started (DADADADADADA)'

and YES , my kernel is set to 3.52
    and Yes , my battery is at 100%

I've tried like almost everything, searched through tons of forums but they still don't have a solid answer to that problem. Any help and links to the files are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Try this guide HERE. download the files I have linked and it should work for you.

3. tinylogic

tinylogic Member

WOOT!! thanks alot... now it's just the way I want it.

By the way, do you have any links to some PSP themes site? not the .ptf ones, the ones you've gotta put them through the flash0 USB types. V3.71 of course

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

HERE is a link for both PTF and flash0 setup custom themes.

Just make sure you get the 3.71 M33 compatible themes plus make sure you backup the flash0 properly. Go HERE for a guide on doing those steps (You will also have to perform these steps when flashing a theme to flash0).

5. tinylogic

tinylogic Member

ok here's a question.

Which file is related to the text entry?

(i.e entering the nickname and choosing the game save)

because when i put in one of the themes and wanted to change my nickname, my PSP hanged, same goes for loading game saves IN the game.

And by the way i overwrote the original theme by accident before any backup (i know...careless of me). So could you send me the set of files for the original PSP theme or are the files dependant on the firmware or the model for the psp? as in every model has their own specific set

Hope you get what I mean =)

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You can't interchange the flash0 on 3.71 firmware with others. You will need to use 1 of the RECOVERY methods HERE to get back to 1.50 then update to 3.71 M33-2 again.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2007