1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need recommendation of a good software for colour correction in video

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by schuey, May 20, 2004.

1. schuey

schuey Member

I'm a novice when it comes to video editing. I need to put color into certain parts of a black & white video e.g. just the clothes but not the person wearing it & not the background. What is the best software for that purpose??

Can Premiere Pro do it?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well there are a Couple of Ways you can do this sort of Thing and both of them are rather difficult and/Or tedius....
    One way which might work is to use a MultiTrack editor like Premier or Vegas or Edius ect and set up the Footage on the Timeline with one Video track in Black and White and another one that is the exact same track but it is in color and then you Make parts of the Black and White Video Track Transparent and blend in the Color track, The tricky Part is configureing the Editor to only make the Parts you want in color Transparent which might or might not be possible....
    Another method that would work best but would be the most tedius is to use a Video effect program and Colorize the Parts of the Footage you want in Color...
    You would have to do this manually and Frame by frame..
    Ulead Media Studio Pro has a Video Paint module for this type of Stuff....
    You might also want to check out some Effects Programs like "Adobe After Effects 6" which I"m sure can do this type of Stuff.....
    I have Adobe After Effects 6 but found it very hard to figure out so i"m looking for some Tutorials that will show me how to do the type of stuff you want to do...
    I work as a Video editor but I don"t hardly ever to do more than Cutting scenes and Putting them together and maybe do some color correction....
    Well good luck...Cheers