1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Recommendations on Blu-ray Player that handles AVI, MKV etc

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by snowbound, Sep 8, 2010.

1. snowbound

snowbound Member

Hi.

I need a Bluray player almost exclusively for playing compressed digital video in various formats. Mainly MKV, MP4, AVC, XVID etc.

I bought a Samsung BD-C5500 and it has turned out to be pretty crap. It has audio sync issues and the video stutters and thus its going back to the store.

I have about $150 to spend, but can go a few dollars higher if need be.

I am looking for a solid player that someone has tested thouraghly and can verify that for the most part has had no issues with lip sync with AVI's, MKV's etc.

I also need it to be able to handle a 1.5 TB USB Hard Drive...although I'm pretty sure most players do.

If anyone can recommend something that I can buy from a high street store (walmart, costco, best buy etc) all the better.

Costco has the Sony BDP-BX57 at $189 which looks interesting. It has something called "A/V Sync" built in. I'm assuming this might fix my lip sync issues? Anyone tried this player.

Any feedback much appreciated.

2. ammauric

ammauric Member

I just bought the LG BD570, the reviews seemed pretty favorable, and it seems to be able to do everything you're looking for. The only downside is the USB port is on the front (which isn't so bad if you change what's plugged into it, but makes it a hassle if you keep it in a cabinet).

Best price is on Amazon, at $161.85 as of this post and free shipping, but I don't know if you have to purchase this at a store rather than online.

http://www.amazon.com/LG-BD570-Netw...1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1284264440&sr=1-1