1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need recommendations on which program to use to copy. dvddecypter then dvdshrink

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by af9148, Dec 28, 2004.

1. af9148

af9148 Member

i just ordered my nec 3500a and before i make my first commercial copy i was hoping to get recommendations on how to do it cause my brother said it currently takes him 2hrs using DVDShrink. i was told to use DVDDecrypter then DVDShrink then nero to burn but does this process also take 2hrs or does it take less? 2 hrs for a copy is pretty long. any suggestions on doing it the fastest way and have good picture quality? THANKS in advance

2. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

You will probably get more opinions, but mine would be to use DVD Shrink first--then DVD Decryptor to burn--they are both free and depending on your computer spec's you can do an entire movie in less than 45 minutes--There a couple ways to do it this way--search some threads in here--I always use Scuba Pete's methods--can be found in a few places around here--you can use the search function to help--I would practice with a DVD-RWor+RW for practice first--Happy Burning--

Whitfield

3. tony7914

tony7914 Guest

hi there!
    you might want to try DVDIdle as well as DVDShrink, i've noticed on my PC that DVDidle reduces the load on the CPU by about 10% and cut's the decryption and encoding time by about 1/2 hour on my system. if you already have nero on your system DVDShrink will use it to burn your DVD for you. copying DVD's takes allot of crunching power if you want it done fast, my system is a windows xp sp2 system with an AMD atholon 3000 CPU on an MSI K8T Neo MB with 1.5 gigs of Kingston DDR Ram, also i use a Liteon 16x dual layer drive and it still takes me awhile to get it done!
    hope this helps!!