1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need ripping advice

Discussion in 'Audio' started by thetomguy, Feb 28, 2005.

1. thetomguy

thetomguy Member

Now I'm looking for ripping software. But the products I've seen described and the one free trial version I've downloaded seem to be geared only to snatching music from cd's. This is not my aim.

I want to take content I have created, which is on my HD, and compress it to mp3. Then to burn it to cd's. To use this product it looks like I'll have to waste time and a disk by burning it to that disk then stealing it from my own disk. I am awaiting a callback from Roxio for their suggestion.

Any advice on what product lets me compress my own wav files?

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

ripping software is mean to extract audio from CDs, thats its whole purpose. If you have audio you want to convert, you just need an encoder. If you need a ripper, try EAC. If you need just an encoder, try dBPowerAMP. Both are free.

Having said that, why do you want to convert audio files to mp3, just to burn? You are reducing the quality of the files. Just burn your original wave files, don't compress and burn.

3. thetomguy

thetomguy Member

Because I want to burn a considerable quantity of speech onto cd's which will be distributed to a wide array of others. Wav files are hogs. I am not looking for quality, just quantity.

4. djscoop

djscoop Active member

oh, so you're compressing them to mp3s, and burning them as data discs I take it? Since you just mentioned audio files I was under the impression you wanted to make audio discs.