1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need SERIOUS help!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by christenm, Jan 31, 2007.

1. christenm

christenm Member

Ok, so I was getting a disk read error message on my PS2, so I went to open it up to fix it, I have done it before. However, upon removing the lid I accidently removed the cover with too much force, and removed the ribbon cable that connects the PS2 lid to that little area underneath the cd drive. I looked at the ribbon and its not broken or anything, I just removed it. Is there anyway I can reinsert it to make it work again, or am I screwed?

2. whites32

whites32 Member

ok mate i know how you feel ...rite you have to completely open it up take the top and bottom casing off and look underneath you will see a metal casing for the expansion slot (you know at the back off the ps2) now for easy access you have to unscrew and remove ....now you can access the slot for the ribbon cable....hope this helps iff not send me a messege or an email if you have a webcam ill be happy to talk you through it .....whites32@hotmail.co.uk.................................................GOODLUCK

3. steimy

steimy Active member

4. christenm

christenm Member

Thanks for the help guys. This weekend I'm gonna put it back together. I'll update on how it went :)

5. whites32

whites32 Member

cool i wish someone could help me mine broke now....lol the disc wont spin lol