1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEED SERIOUS MOD-CHIP HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by RossK1988, Feb 1, 2007.

1. RossK1988

RossK1988 Member

Hey all. I just bought a Super Aladdin Live w/ Programmer. I have no idea what exactly to do....I am new to this mod chip thing, and I am wondering what the next step should be. I have been hearing about "flashing the chip" with the most recent "BIOS". The external programmer came with a USB cord to attach to the computer, as you may know, to "easily program the chip". So what software do I have to download to this chip before I can put it in, and where can I get this software. I won't ask you to tell me how to install it yet, since that will be a whole different story. Thanks in advance.

2. ravens1

ravens1 Regular member

You need to find out which version of xbox you have first.
    Then, you need to solder it to your xbox first. Go to their website for a tutorial or just google Super Aladdin Live tutorial.

Here is a link:
    www.cheapmodchips.net/pages.php?pageid=1

Last edited: Feb 2, 2007
  3. RossK1988

RossK1988 Member

So do i need to program anything on to the chip itself before I actually put it in the xbox? And do I need to actually install the programmer in the Xbox as well?

4. ravens1

ravens1 Regular member

No, you don't have to program your chip. Only after you install it will you have to flash a bios.

I don't have a Programmer, but i think that you are supposed to install it.

5. RossK1988

RossK1988 Member

Alright so after I install it I have to flash it....got it.....what is that, and where do I get the BIOS? Sorry for askin so many dumb questions, but I wanna make sure I get this right..

6. steimy

steimy Active member

7. ravens1

ravens1 Regular member

you get your bios from xbins.