1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need small app to clip video segments...

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by raeba, Feb 4, 2005.

1. raeba

raeba Member

Hi,

I am looking for a small (low overhead, feature specific) app that I can use to load in a video file (e.g. AVI), then mark portions that I want to save to a seperate (new) video file.

Also, I want it to have the ability to save individual, selected frames to an image format.

I currently use Pinnacle Studio 9 to do this, but it is on another machine. I want something, that is suited for this purpose that isn't a huge program (like Pinnacle) that I can put on this other system (WinXP) to use for those tasks.

Thanks a lot for helping me with this...

Raeba

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Hands down, the best avi editing app is virtualdub, and the bonus is, it's free.
    It'll edit, crop, filter, saveout frames, saveout portions of video, do a ton of other things.

3. raeba

raeba Member

rebootjim,

Thanks for the tip. How do I capture a single frame and save it as an image (gif...)?

Raeba

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

For Captureing a Frame if a Video File and saveing it as a JBG or a BMP I use "Tmpgenc"...You just Load in your AVI file and go to "Settings" to "Advanced" and double Click "Source Range" and then use the Slider to go to the Frame you want to save and then click the "Set Start Frame" button and then the "Set End Frame" Button and then click "OK" and "OK" again and then go to "File" to "Output To File" to "Sequence JPG/BMP/Tiff/ect" and select the File type and the file name and save it and in less than a second yopu will have a Image of the Frame you selected...

You can also use a Screen Shot Program to take a Screen shot of the Frame you want to save....

Cheers

5. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Click File, save image sequence.
    Use virtualdubmod and you can save any frame (or sequence of frames) from avi and mpg, as .bmp or .tga
    You can also click on Video, Save source frame, or save target frame, and paste into any graphics editor.

p.s. Minion, that seems like a lot of work for one frame :D

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

It might sound Like a Lot of Work But it only takes Maybe 20 seconds to do.....