1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need small help loading a game

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Domino777, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Domino777

Domino777 Member

I have a problem. I downloaded a game "Final Fantasy 7", its in .CSO format. I put it into my "ISO" folder and when I try to load it in my PSP it looks like it loads but then says can't load the game and some numbers in brackets. I did a little research and I found a youtube video, of some guy having the same problem. He fixed his problem by putting any UMD disk into the PSP. So my question is, am I missing an addon to play CSO/ISO games? or do I just need any kind of a UMD disk in order to play games?

I really don't want to buy a UMD disk. If anyone got a solution to my problem please help!

2. Aaron516

Aaron516 Member

u need Any UMD including the one they give you as a sample can work =]

3. Domino777

Domino777 Member

I never got any sample UMD disk. So I basically need to go out tomorrow and buy any cheap game or UMD movie or anything that is basically UMD disk just to load the games?

Is there any easier way? maybe an addon that tricks the PSP that there is a UMD disk inside?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
  4. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

use the sony np9660 driver. can be changed in the recovery menu or vsh menu.

5. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Is the error you are getting 8002XX021?
    Depending on which firmware version you are using-you will need to change the UMD ISO mode, either by changing it in the recovery console, or use the VSH menu by pressing the HOME button if on 3.52M33-4, or press the SELECT button if on 3.71M33 and higher firmwares while you are in the psp's main menu XMB...

When you press either HOME or SELECT, you will get a small menu that pops up with some options-scroll to 'UMD ISO MODE' and use the D-pad to change the option to Sony NP9660, after you change it scroll to exit to save the settings....

6. Domino777

Domino777 Member

Thank you!!!! It worked!, now my only questions is this. When I hacked my battery and removed the 5th pin, my PSP is always turned on when I put in the battery. Is there a way to make my battery like normal? When I want it on to switch it on and when I want it off to switch it off? Because right now i'm using the charger.

7. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Not if you hard-modded your battery...You will probably have to invest in another battery to use it as normal...

8. Aaron516

Aaron516 Member

reconnect the pin with some solder and it should work =]

9. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Carefully though...You dont want the battery blowing up in your face.