1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need some advice on reflashing hitachi

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by aki09, May 21, 2011.

1. aki09

aki09 Regular member

hi i have been away from the scene for some time now and need some advice. I have hitachi 79 drive with ixtreme 1.51 i was gonna up date to the latest firmware but dont have any original firmware is thr somewher i can download this ?? i also have a lite-on and benq drive that i will be flashin from stock none of thm will be online will the latest firmware for these play all the games as i have heard thr is new firmware comeing out soon will i need a boot disk to play the newst games with the firmware out now soz but just need to catch up a bit

2. b1gh3ad

b1gh3ad Regular member

do you still have your original dvd keys?

3. aki09

aki09 Regular member

hi m8 i managed to get it and have flashed it to the latest LT i am just about to rip l.a noire will this firmware play tht game or will i need to patch the game or that soz just not been around in a while tryin to catch up as much as possible b4 i burn and waste disks :D

4. b1gh3ad

b1gh3ad Regular member

patch the game with abgx before playing it on your console

5. aki09

aki09 Regular member

i have ripped the disk n ran it thru abgx to check as it was a rip and not downloaded it was fine :) but i have burned it to disk using imgburn and put it in to play a click play game and it just goes to a black screen ive tried other back-ups i hade kickin around the place they seem to work :/ any ideas ?

6. infam0us

infam0us Regular member

bad burn maybe,or ripp

7. aki09

aki09 Regular member

thanks i am thinkin it cld be a bad burn as abgx says the rip is fine i have now ran the disc thru abgx and a bit of the crc check failed. im gonna burn again see how it goes just wanted the heads up so i aint burning unwanted coasters. as long as it shld work with lt v1.1 and if ran thru abgx ill give it a go :) fingerX will let u know thanks

8. sn0wman1

sn0wman1 Regular member

What drive did you rip it with, if it was kreon you may still need to patch the ssv1 files manually to ssv2 as kreon can only rip ssv1, sometimes abgx will patch it automatically, if you used a drive with 0800 firmware on it, it will already have ssv2