1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need some help, anyone kind souls?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by ldotzl, Feb 17, 2007.

1. ldotzl

ldotzl Member

Hi all, i'm new to this forum. Just needed to ask some really noobish questions.

I'm currently holding a version 1.5 psp. I'm able to play games using devhook. Until recently, i heard that i could play PS 1 games on my psp. So i went to download some PS1 games but in the end, i could't play it. Probably bcos there's this BOOT.PBP file or something. The games that I could play are either .iso or .cso files.

So I would like to ask if anyone could help by STEP-BY-STEP basis on how I could modify my psp to be able to play .iso/.cso/boot.pbp files. Also, do include on how to install that programme that your advising me to use.

Thanks in advance. =)

2. ldotzl

ldotzl Member

sorry for the double post, just realised i cannot run my devhook anymore.. help please anyone?

3. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

To run ps1 games you havwe to be running dark Alex's custom firmware, 3.03 or higher.

4. ldotzl

ldotzl Member

hi there, thanks for replying. where can i download that firmware u are talking about and how do i go about installing/loading it into my PSP?

PS. can that firmware play PSP games as well? eg. .iso/.cso files

Last edited: Feb 17, 2007
  5. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

yes, it can play all games, there are plenty guides about. I think Hexitnow has a link to an winstaller in his sig.

6. ldotzl

ldotzl Member

okay, next question..

my original version is 1.5, if i upgrade it, will it still be the same?