1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Some Help Before I Start Flashing!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by pkizzz, Jan 11, 2007.

1. pkizzz

pkizzz Member

Hi.

I have a Toshiba Samsung MS25 DVD-Drive and I really want to flash it. But before I do that I got to make some things clear to myself.

Can I Flash the drive with a ABIT IS7 Series motherboard?

And how should I connect them to the ground? Should I connect the PC to the XBOX? Should I connect them both to the ground inside or outside? Can't I just put the XBOX down on the floor? And which wire should I use? should I use a green/yellow grounding wire? can I use any wire I want? Can I take out a wire from a PR cable and use it?

Thanks for the help;)

2. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

i am not sure if you can use that mobo, i am hoping it has SATA ports? all you do is connect anywhere metal on the xbox to something metal on the pc, you don't even have to ground, i don't think half of anyone on here has ever grounded, and then you are going to need the extreme package you want. i think 5.2 is ok for ya.

3. emachine

emachine Guest

Theres a difference between grounding and having something connected to the ground ;) But all you want to do is get a decent alligator clip which are real cheap and hook it to the metal case inside your pc and the metal frame on your xbox.

4. pkizzz

pkizzz Member

Okey thanks guys.

The Motherboard has regular sata ports to connect with harddiscs and dvd-drives. So does anyone know if an ABIT IS7 Series motherboard is able to flash a samsung MS25 drive?