1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need some help burning movies

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tld33, Feb 24, 2005.

1. tld33

tld33 Guest

i new to burning movies i burning some movies when i play them in my dvd player some of them freezes and skip i try differne disk can any body help me please i have the the liteon 1633

2. microbi

microbi Active member

more or less your problem is burning => use good media (blank dvd-r), use slow burning speed (x2?), don't do anything else with the comp while it's burning + shut all the apps you have on.

3. bardie

bardie Regular member

What are the programs you are using, and what exact steps are you doing to make the copy?

4. tld33

tld33 Guest

i using ero and dvd shrink i try memorex and khypermedia which are the best to buy how do you know if you got a bad burner please let know thanks

5. brobear

brobear Guest

A lot of people are having problems with Khypermedia and a lot are complaining about Memorex.

Unless you upgraded your firmware, that may need to be done. http://www.liteonamericas.com/us/download.htm There is a firmware update at Lite-On dated 12/24/04 for the 1633. Following the firmware update, give the Memorex another try, if it doesn't work, try something like Maxell, TDK, Verbatim or another of the better brands. Also, you need to have your burn speed set to about 4X to help decrease the possibility of burn errors.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2005
  6. bardie

bardie Regular member

Thanks [bold]brobear[/bold] for answering, I would of said the same.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2005
  7. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I also second that media quality:
    Khypermedia: I wouldn't even use their media in my Khypermedia +8x burner.One of the worst brands.I believe they only make + only.I wouldn't waste the $$$

Memorex: Who knows exactly which manufacturer made those discs? Usually the pro-discs are their better ones. It's hard to figure out which ones have that code. Best advised to stay away from for all newbs.Their manufacturers vary by different spindle sizes.

That poor media: you May be able to try burning at 2.4x for plus format, 1x on dash format.

Get a small pack of maxells. Their manufacturers are all very reliable and I have no issues on all 4 of my burners with them.Even switching to different spindle/jewel packs, their manufacturers are more consistant. A very safe media,no matter which format you choose.
    If you have a local Office Depot, they have the 50 pack spindles of maxell in both 4x,8x,+,and- on sale:$35 a spindle and get same exact same spindle free. Pretty good price on this good media.Today is the last day of their sale. Those maxell's are working just as good as my new ty's I got,very reliable-very safe-great quality.

8. brobear

brobear Guest

I agree with Saugmon (or he appears to agree with me) Maxell is one of the safer brands. They are manufactured by companies like Mitsubishi, Taiyo Yuden, Hitachi-Maxell, and Ricohjpn (Ricoh is one of my favorites). The Ricoh, MCC and Yuden companies are among the best known manufacturers with good reps. I haven't heard many complaints on the Maxell coded media, I haven't used any of it myself. So far, my Maxell purchases have turned out to be from other manufacturers. These manufacturers also make media for the other top brands as well. Any of the brands I mentioned normally sell quality media.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2005