1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some help, Kind of in a bind.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by dwolfwood, Apr 22, 2007.

1. dwolfwood

dwolfwood Member

Well, the lowdown goes like this.
    My little bro wants a copy of Marvel vs Capcom 2 for the PS2 for his Birthday. Problem is - No one locally sells it, and Ebay is jacking it up to 80 or 90 bucks. So, my friend suggested modding. Okay, I have no other options, so I look into modding Slim models.

Sensor blocking - Yeah, a little improvising and I can take care of that. Here is the problem, I need a way to swap. I could Order Swap Magic, but that wont be here in time. I dont have a way of hooking the PS2 up to the internet or a way to hook up my memory card to the computer. I do have a 128MB thumb drive, but it doesnt seem to be recognized when I plug it in.

So, I think that would narrow down my only option to CDs Is there a version of Gameshark or Action replay I could use? I know the Freeloader on my GC Action Replay is used for import games, so There should be such a function on the PS2 one, right? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, and the Model number is SCPH-70001.

2. Hack_Zero

Hack_Zero Regular member

Ok.. 128mb thumb drive wont get you far at all considering most games are at least 1 gig. Andd, if you're going to choose between action replay or gameshark, get action replay. Also, lol, for the price of an action replay or gameshark, you could just buy a swap magic and keys.. It's a bad deal for you to get one of those, lol. I suggest you just find some way to tell him that you'll get his present later.. tell him that its coming in the mail or something <_<

3. dwolfwood

dwolfwood Member

Well, normally telling him its on its way would work, but you see, this is a 10 year old kid, and its his Birthday. You know how that works.

So, your saying that an Action replay would work, just not as well as swap magic?

4. steimy

steimy Active member

get swap magic and magic keys II.
    A cheat disc is not meant for modding a system. It is either that or you go all out and have a good modchip installed. Then find some torrent sites and i am sure you can find the game. As long as it is not a DVD9 (dual layer) game then you'll be fine. If it is then nothing short of a top not mod chip (DMS4 Pro, Crystal Chip V2.0, or Matrix Infinity Green Dot) is really going to help you.

I did see that game and on Amazon.com they started at $114. I would never in my life pay that much for a game, especially one that really isn't that great.