1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some help on a decision i may have to make

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Mxg, Feb 13, 2005.

1. Mxg

Mxg Member

i have my ps2 for about 4 years now and it used to wrk fine but now it is bein a little ***** it isnt reading any more Burnt games which i have only strted to use about a week ago so i am new to plaing burnt ps2 games on my ps2 it is eiter a V1 - v4 ps2 i am think i have to replace the lens if so which lens should i get and where shoud i get it and is it hard to replace and finally do i need a special screw driver to take out the screws ? and agin can anyone point me to a link to a tutorial on how to do it ?
    sorry for using AND so much
    it reads some originals fine and i am using swap magic 3.3 so i would really like any reply on this especially on the question on if it is hard to replace it

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

does it read originals fine? If so, sell it on ebay, and buy a new one.

3. Mxg

Mxg Member

yea original work fine but wouldnt it be easier to get a new laser lens ?
    becuase i dont want the Mini Ps2 i would just like to fix this one and to rebuy on Ebay costs to much i saw lens for 45 dollars and a PS2 for 80 - 120 on ebay so can u tell me what u think about the lens and how hard it is to install and if i need any tools

4. Mxg

Mxg Member

ive been haering about this thing that the PS2 can play games of the hard drive without HD loader anyone kno how to do it have my PS2 HDD already
    i am hoping this could be a solution to selling my PS2 or buying a new lens

5. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

you put hd loader on your memory card. But to run it, you have to load a ps1 game every time.

6. Mxg

Mxg Member

thats no problem i still have all my PS1 games
    so how does it work exactly i did a search i didnt really find anything useful