1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some help on burning a PS2 game with Alcohol 120%

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Derty_D, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Derty_D

Derty_D Member

I just bought Magic Swap and Slidecard, and burned some games in regular way (copy). But none of then works. So I got Alcohol 120% (Heard it was good). But I dont know how I shuld burn the games. Shuld I burn them in regular way (copy) or is it a special way to get the games to work.

Can some one make a step by step list 4 me? it would be great.

Thanks

Sincerly

2. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

1st. open Alcohol 120% and select "Image Makeing Wizard" on the left side of the application, when the wizard comes up you should see information about your burner, click "Next" down the button of the application, you will then be given the option of were to save the image than Alcohol will create the image format, it should be mds, select the destination that you want to save the image to like the desktop then click the “Start” button and then Alcohol with create a image file on the desktop.

2nd. After Alcohol has created the image on your desktop reopen the application and select “Image Burning Wizard” on the left side of the application then hit the “Browse” button and select the image file you just created on the desktop or wereever after that click “Next” and you will be given the burning options, select your burner and then select a low write speed, say 1 or 4 (1x or 2x preferably) Selecting 1x may be slow but it should insure that they work right when playing on the PS2.

!!AFTER THE BURN YOU’RE DONE!!

I hope this helps i know i may have went a bit over the top with some of details but if all goes well you should have no problems.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2005
  3. Derty_D

Derty_D Member

Ok, but what about the ISO stuff?

4. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

You can use ISO files with Alcohol if that wat ya mean

5. Derty_D

Derty_D Member

What I mean is that I dont know what ISO is, and how to use it. Is it important?

6. hursty

hursty Active member

iso is the name of a type of file...you have to select it to burn it
    try using dvd decrypter (its free) if you cant get along with alcohol 120,i find its much easier to use.

7. #CBC#Dago

#CBC#Dago Member

Whut kind of dvds u need just normal (for the ps2) or double layerd?? and do u REALLY need a dvd burner or not or just the driver so it works with dvd burining???

8. hursty

hursty Active member

you need a good quality dvd-/+ r,you do not need dual layer.
    you will need a dvd rewriter.
    p.s no double posting