1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some help on getting a San Disk Memory Stick Pro Duo!!!

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by KyotoJoe, Jun 28, 2007.

1. KyotoJoe

KyotoJoe Member

I was at Circuit City the other day and they were selling SanDisk 4.0 gig Pro Duo sticks. These were the blue ones for $49.99. Then I saw some red ones that were 4.0 gig as well. These said they were made for the PSP. Are the blue ones not for the PSP? The sale on the blue cards ends Saturday. I want to get a blue instead of the red ones, because the reds are $100.00!! To me they both look the same. Also, I am hearing that 4 gigs don't work well for the PSP. Can someone give me a straight answers to these questions??

Thanks

2. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Either of those 4 gigs work fine on the psp as long as they are not fake ones-the reason the red ones are more is they are the high-speed data transfer ones. just get the blue one.

3. KyotoJoe

KyotoJoe Member

Ok, so the high speed ones are just used for transfering data from a PC to a PSP? It also, said for the red ones, that they are used for the PS3. I am assuming that the blues are compatable with the PS3 as well. Thanks again, and I will get the blue ones. I feel like were talking about the blue and red pills from the Matrix. Think Neo took the red, but he didn't know about the PSP back than.

4. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

"I can only show you the door, you have to decide whether or not to walk through it..."

but yeah, the reds just have a faster transfer rate-both are compatible.

theres a little trick I read on here somewhere about formatting the memstick via the PC so its file system is a FAT 16-I guess that increases the read/write times on your PSP-It didnt work for me though because I have a fake 2 gig...I might have to see about that deal at circuit city!

5. KyotoJoe

KyotoJoe Member

Yes, that deal at Circuit City ends tomorrow 6/30. They're selling the blue 4 gig ones for $49.99, which I think is sweet. I just couldn't see myself get those $100 red ones, just for some extra speed. I thought about getting a 2 gig, but I don't like the idea of always having to swap out memory sticks. PS2 memory cards are one thing, but little interal cards are a pain to mess with. Once I put that card in my PSP, it's just going to stay there.

6. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

I got one of those ones that are on sale today-I guess the red ones arent any different than the blue ones except for price, and they're not even high-speed!! I was misinformed!!The salesman said that the red ones are specially "formatted" for the PSP-meaning that you can apparently just drop any kind of movie or music onto the memstick and it works without a hitch-I asked what happens if you format the memory stick, of course he didnt know-so I asked why the difference in price? Again he didnt know....I was going to ask if there wasnt any difference between the two, if he could let me have the red one for the price of the blue...No such luck!