1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Some Help PLEASE ! ( easy cd creator ? )

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Davids1, Oct 23, 2002.

1. Davids1

Davids1 Guest

I had made some copies of files using Easy Cd Creator 3, but didnt close out the sessions as I add files often to the cd's.
    recently I upgraded to windose xp from win98, and now I cant read the cd's. Will I have to get the latest version since theres no upgrade from 3 to 5? or is there a program i can use to just get the info back off of these cd's?
    TIA
    David

2. Pio2001

Pio2001 Moderator Staff Member

If you still have got EasyCD 3, use it to close the session : search the menus for "close the CD", or "recover data".
    I think it was in the help files, in the troubleshooting sections, at "can I recover the data if there was an error during the burning?". The process is the same as for closing open sessions.

Nowadays, this process is no more used. People add new sessions to the previous closed ones in order to add files. The problem being that each time, it wastes some space between the sessions. Something between 5 and 30 MB, I don't remember. You can also consider formatting your CDRs as CDRWs : there will be more than 100 MB wasted from the beginning, but you'll be able to add as much little files as you want, without even needing a burning program, and without wasting anymore space.

The problem of formatting is the compatibility : most other people won't be able to read your CDs. The problem of multisession is heaviness : it is very long to load.

3. Davids1

Davids1 Guest

ok, Problem I have now is that the program is on my recovery disk that came with computer which was run under win 98. I cant pull off the program by itself without reinstalling 98,
    which I dont want since I just installed xp (whew)I can start the program but get a error that the wnaspi32.dll file is missing,

I dont know if this is the reason that i cant read any disk that i've created with 3.5 or not.
    Before anytime i loaded a disk that was created with 3.5 it started by itself.
    All I need is to be able to read these disks so I can copy them on another disk using a different program.
    Hoping someone can take the time to help.
    TIA
    David

4. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

5. Davids1

Davids1 Guest

Ok did the update to Easy Cd Creator 5.0, now it will only read 2 files on the cd, it shows that by the amount of disk space used and whats available that the other files are on the disk.
    I installed the wnaspi32.dll file but still says it can't be loaded..

How can I read these other files?

It's just weird that right before I upgraded to XP I had used this disk and now I can't.

Anybody have any other suggestions?
    TIA
    David

6. Sibre02

Sibre02 Member

I have had the same problem before...the only solution I could find was to use my roommate's computer. He is still running 98, and fortunately, had Easy CD on his. I put the CD in his drive and closed it on there...it now works on my computer...

I wish XP would use the Aspi driver. Many programs use it, and this was a bad move on Microsoft's part, since we now have to download our own drivers...just a little tangent...but I hope the info above helps...