1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some help please...

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Tiesto, Jul 30, 2003.

1. Netscanur

Netscanur Member

This really isn't as hard as you're making it. You don't need to have a "virtual server" or anything in order to use a hub. You just connect your PC to the hub using a straight-through, and connect your xbox to your hub using straight-through. That should solve any networking problem that you may have.

2. Tiesto

Tiesto Member

You'd think it would be that easy... but it didnt work.

I have an underlying feeling now that the problem is not the XBOX or the Network but the fact that I am running XP Home on a laptop.

I was unable to flash the chip on this computer either. I needed to take the chip to work.

Oh well, my friend now has the box for the weekend. Hopefully he will be able to connect to it with his network. If he can, he is going to install the HD for me as well so I least then I will be able to change the EVOX settings without burning a new disc each time.

Fingers crossed.

I'll keep you updated with how he managed to connect.

Any luck yet Newton?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2003
  3. lamp23

lamp23 Guest

I odn't know anything about boot disks but the (awkward) way I did it was I tried network wizard first and then I used sygate which was much better than ics. So once you have teh wizrd set up with all the settings you should have (which is NOT easy) then just disable ics and use sygate instead.

4. XBOX-roks

XBOX-roks Member

I had the same kind of probblem I think. Under the connection propreties I clicked on the advanced tab and click "Let other computers use this as an internet conection." and my xbox works fine when thats clicked now my internet connection doesn't work but thats becuase I have 2 nic installed and my computer can't use both at the same time. Try clicking that option under the advanced tab and see if that works. Also when you click that a grayed out setting button on the lower right will be come active. click that and make sure FTP is clicked. This works for me and if anyone knows how I can get both to work at the same time with out interferance please let me know.

5. G4MERZO1D

G4MERZO1D Regular member

they should both just work at the same time. all my friends work fine and i will soon be gettin another NIC for my system

6. Tiesto

Tiesto Member

UPDATE: My friend is also having trouble connecting to my XBOX despite it working fine for his.

So I am starting to think maybe it is the XBOX.
    I have the receipt and I have only had the box 7 months so I am thinking of taking it back and getting a new one.

My question is has anyone got the matrix chip to work with a 1.2 or 1.3 XBOX?

I am worried that the replacement I get will be one of these.

7. Dank

Dank Regular member

as long as u can solder u can mod the v1.2 and 1.3.. if u cant then u need to get a used box or check the dates carefully.

8. Tiesto

Tiesto Member

OK, so all is not lost if I swap the box and get a newer one.

Anyone know any sites that details what needs soldering for the matrix chip on 1.2 and 1.3 boxes?

Just in case 8)

9. Tiesto

Tiesto Member

UPDATE: I have finally given up with my XBOX. My friend couldnt connect either despite his working fine. I think I may have damaged the XBOX with the soldering the LPC holes up.

NEXT PLAN: I have swapped my 1.1 with a friends 1.0 and am starting again. Was very easy to mod this baby. Took all of 30 seconds. It just dropped right in.

Now I have to get past the Thompson Drive issue. The TDK CD-RWs i was using in the 1.1 (SAMSUNG DRIVE) dont work in this box.

People seem to suggest Imation and Memorex CR-RWs for the Thompson drive. Any more suggestions for makes of media for a thompson drive?

I might even get there one day 8)

10. Tiesto

Tiesto Member

OK, so first the chip fell into place. Next I created a new Evox boot disk.

Worked first time.

Then I tried to connect to the XBOX with FlashFXP.

Worked first time.

The ordeal is over. My advice to those struggling with a non 1.0 box - Find a mate to swap with. The 1.0 is soooo easy to mod once you find a CDR-RW that works on the drive.

Thanks for all the help people 8)

Much appreciated.

...now to fit that new hard drive....

11. G4MERZO1D

G4MERZO1D Regular member

about time aswell!!! :]
    enjoy!

12. MaDMaN421

MaDMaN421 Member

Hello,DAMN IM HAVEING PROBLEMS!!
    Well,
    I have the newest version of winroute installed on my W2k pro Box.Im trying to make my w2kbox into a router so my xbox live can run with my w2kbox at the same time.I have winroute installed.Im useing 2 ethernet cards.The ethernet card that is connected to the cable modem get's an IP.But the on thats not is just 0.0.0.0. I cant figure our how to make it not Be 0.0.0.ANY help on the problem would be GREATLEY APRESHIATED!!!MY E-mail is madmanssupply@hotmail.com. UHH Im a little drunk so if there is typos im sorry.