1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some help, plz.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Eperaza, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Eperaza

Eperaza Member

Hi, I'm really new to this, but I want to start backing up my xbox games. I've read through the starter guide, but I can't seem to differentiate between what programs I need, and also where to find them. Can anyone send me in the right direction as to where to get any of the programs I need. So far I have FlashFXP and Craxtion, not sure if these will help any. Any help would be much appreciated! If you need to pm me, so be it. I'm all ears. :)

2. Eperaza

Eperaza Member

^Bump for help? ^

3. clarky

clarky Regular member

ok now you need a cross over cable (or if you have a router an ethernet cable) and a new dashboard for your xbox. The dashboard gives your xbox an ip address which allows you to connect your pc to it.

Your mission now is to find evo x (the dashboard). To get you started search for slayers auto installer 2.6 in the usual places. Or if you get really stumped obtain irc and check out the tutorial on www.xbox-scene.com under the tutorial section (named irc - irc guide etc) This will be all you need to find all the programs you want.

Once you have evo x, post back and we will help you out with the nect step.

4. Eperaza

Eperaza Member

Thanks! I've been searching for Evox quite a bit, haven't found anything yet. If someone knows of a link or where to search for one other than google and xbox-scene, pls let me know. :)

5. Eperaza

Eperaza Member

Ok, got slayers evox v2.6. :) 'bout time, hehe. Had to learn about torrents first.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2004
  6. Eperaza

Eperaza Member

Ok, ran into a new problem. Craxtion isn't opening, keeps giving me an application error. I also have xISO, that's what I opened the evox .rar file with and pulled out the ISO. Now I'm sitting here with the evox.ini and the rest in front of me, but no idea where to proceed from there. Back to trolling the boards for more info...

7. clarky

clarky Regular member

extract the rar file with win rar. You should get an iso, and some adobe tutorials. There is no need to extract the iso.

open nero, choose open, choose all image files, choose your evo x iso, and burn it. Dont change any other settings. It is wise to waste a dvd on this program as it will take for ever and may not even be compatible on a cdr.

This will burn evo x properly on your disk ready for installation

Craxtion isnt working because you haven't installed the .net framework. Go back to www.craxtion.com and click on the link for that program. Uninstall craxtion, install the .net, then reinstall craxtion.

8. Eperaza

Eperaza Member

It's the .rar file I can't seem to open, or at least I think it's a .rar file. It shows up as a winrar file, perhaps it's the ISO? I'm not sure, not having dealt with this previously. The autoinstaller extracted the "winrar" file and a couple of cd sleeve images and an adobe tutorial. Is this the ISO I so desperately seek?

9. Eperaza

Eperaza Member

AHA! Clarky, I thank you very much...I tried to open the .rar file with winrar one more time, and this time noticed the extension was .iso. :) So at the moment Nero is currently burning it onto a CD-RW (It said it wouldn't burn it to a dvd, not sure why...).

Now on to my next question, and this may seem like a very stupid question, but it is one I honestly don't know. Maybe I haven't done enough reading on it and can be directed to the correct site.

Here goes: Does my xbox need to be modded already in order to install the evox dashboard?

10. clarky

clarky Regular member

yeah, your xbox cant read unassigned code. So it needs some sort of mod, to install.

11. Eperaza

Eperaza Member

gotcha, thanks. I've already ordered a Xenium Ice chip with solderless connector.

12. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

The main file for Slayers v2.5 is 215 Mb 2.6 is slightly larger. It sounds like you got skunked on the actual slayers file. If it didn't take over an hour to download then you definately don't have the ISO file.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2004
  13. Eperaza

Eperaza Member

It did take over an hour. I'm pretty sure everything worked well. I opened Nero, selected all image files, found the iso file, and burned it to a cd-rw. I'm still not sure why it wouldn't burn to a dvd, if someone has any info for that. I guess now it just comes down to waiting for my chip to get here. Besides that, are there any other progs I should have in order to backup the actual games?

14. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

why would you want to waste a DVD for such a small file? The harddrive loader and other applications are inside slayers. To make your own ISO files you'll need Craxtion.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2004
  15. Eperaza

Eperaza Member

ok, well, since that's all taken care of, i'm going to go work on figuring out Craxtion and such. Can you point me in the direction of a good tutorial on actually backing up the games?

16. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

Here's a classic ISO burning site. He uses xISO and you need Nero 6 to burn ISO images.

http://www.geocities.com/daseamonkey420/xISO.html

You need to file transfer the games that were loaded to the xbox to your PC, compress the game folder to an ISO file then burn to a DVD-R with Nero.

17. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

Qwix is an awesome tool for compiling your xbox iso files.http://www.teamavalaunch.com/qwix/index.html
    And for burning your iso's to dvd, DVD decryter in iso write mode is the awesome. Very simple and straight forward. Check out this link, for backup guides.http://www.xbox-scene.com/tutorials.php?p=357

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2004
  18. Eperaza

Eperaza Member

Much thanks for all the help. Now to sit and wait for the chip to arrive. Once that's done, I'll post again for updates. :) Thanks again for helping a newb out on his first modding attempt.

19. Eperaza

Eperaza Member

Ok, here we go. Just installed my chip, everything seems to be in order. Only now the Evox disc I burned isn't working, keeps coming up with the dirty disk screen. Any help?

20. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

What version is your xbox and what bios did you flash to your chip? I hope the answer isn't going to be "What is a bios". Download Slayers 2.5/2.6 or X-Disk to a Memorex CD-RW and try again.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2004