1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some help what to do

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Boyhazard, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Boyhazard

Boyhazard Newbie

Hi!

I have some questions about my Wii.
    The last time it was used was in the 2008. I have start to use it again now in 2015. Now to my questions that I need some help.

- My Wii firmware is "Ver. 4.3.E"
    - I have a chiped Wii (2007) and can not remember what a chip is it

Now to the questions:

1. What kind of a chip is this: 12f675 I/P (E3) 2yf 0709? WiiFree, Wiikey, ... chip?
    the E3 is in a circle.
    [​IMG]
    You have answered the first question and I know now what chip is it.

Whats the best thing to do:
    2. Update the chip and the Wii to the latest firmware?
    3. Use some other loader with the chip and the firmware that I have?
    4. Remove the chip and use a loader - which one?

5. Whats you think what to do?
    6. Modmii?

It would be enough if I know what chip this is.

Thank you for your time and help.
    Jure

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  2. Zymz

Zymz Member

Are you limited in what you can do with this system? Does it need any updates etc? 4.3 is the newest firmware I think?

Well unless the chip can do something that you can't do with softmods and you are missing some sort of functionality without upgrading, I'd say go ahead and remove it, update your system then softmod it. unless there is something else that would affect compatibility, but your Wii is old enough that this shouldn't be an issue. Feel free to hear out some other opinions first though, I'm by no means an expert on the subject. :D

3. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

honestly you can upgrade and do all the hassle and work for it but honestly i wouldn't bother nintendo is shutting down online services for wii games disabled channels all to get people to buy wii u consoles not worth the effort

4. Zymz

Zymz Member

Well you can still watch Netflix, encode videos (albeit to a limited resolution [480p]), and still play games locally that are backed up on an external usb HDD. At least that's what my girlfriend does with hers and why I am even at all knowledgeable about it. So really it just depends on what you need to use your Wii for, you may be able to just load any new software you want already without worrying about upgrading / updating.

5. Boyhazard

Boyhazard Newbie

The Wii is not playing all of my Backed Up games on DVD's. Some originals are broken and I have only a copy that is not readible any more. I downloaded it and burn it again but no luck. So the Wii will be used for playing Backed Up games from a external HDD. My kid loves it here and there and I don't wish to buy any of other consoles than we are not that oft on playing.
    The channels? I don't need them. They can all be shutdown.

Yes, I have searched, the 4.3 is the latest firmware.

When I will have some spare time I will get to Modmii my Wii. Cut the chip wires and on the way. Will post what happened. :)

Thanks for you comments.

6. Zymz

Zymz Member

I used the Complete Softmod Guide when I worked on my girlfriend's Wii, it's a really good reference site with lots of links: https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/

Basically just need an SD card and an external USB stick or HDD and you can mod the whole thing and move your backups to the HDD. You might even be able to use your DVDs but I'm not entirely sure,