1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some help with flashing iXtreme

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by owvp702, May 30, 2007.

1. owvp702

owvp702 Regular member

okay, I have a brand new 360 that I want to flash. I'm trying to use Xtreme Boot Maker 5.3 and I've used the patch patch for the program to recognize the firmware BUT, when following the textbooks tutorial he says to select wich version of firmware you're using but there's no option for iXtreme, only Xtreme 5.x A, Xtreme 5.x B, Xtreme 5.x C, and Xtreme 5.x D? Any help? Thanks

2. Arbiter38

Arbiter38 Regular member

dont do it u will get banned from live unless u dont care

3. farisjr

farisjr Member

i flashed my 360 with the newest firmware ixtreme yesterday. i must say it works pretty well havenot been banned yet

4. fgamer

fgamer Guest

That's because you downloaded the wrong firmware, you need to download iXtreme10. NOT Xtreme53.

5. Ender88

Ender88 Regular member

Did no one read his post correctly? He's talking about iXtreme 1.0 and not being able to select it in XBM, he isn't wanting 5.x, that's his problem...

Anyways, the thing is, there is no option, unless you add some files to the XBM directory, but don't bother. There's a way to easily flash your drive and still leave XBM alone. Have it use Xtreme 5.2 which it will load correctly (you'll delete the 5.2 firmware from the thumbstick when it's done, so don't worry that it's not 1.0).

Follow this Tutorial to get your thumbstick ready:
    http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=599152&view=findpost&p=3968004

when you boot into dos with the thumbstick, use the command:
    mtkflash r /sata /m orig.bin
    to get your original firmware

and then after using FW Toolbox to take your key from orig.bin and putting it in the xtreme10a.bin (or w/e the one you downloaded is called) and putting the now custom xtreme10a.bin in your thumbstick, boot back into dos with the thumbstick (with the now ready to flash firmware).

Use this command to flash the drive:
    mtkflash w /sata /m xtreme10a.bin (put your correct firmware file name)

You might need to use the 10 second trick if you have a m28.

6. owvp702

owvp702 Regular member

EXACTLY, thanks for fully reading my post and giving a good response.

I ended up taking a chance and instead of using 5.2 I just loaded iXtreme with XBM and left the options selected as default and everything worked fine. I did have to use the 10 second trick as you suggested. Thanks for the help.

7. Ender88

Ender88 Regular member

No problem, glad I could help.