1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some help with installing Ubuntu

Discussion in 'Linux - General discussion' started by wolf123, May 20, 2007.

1. wolf123

wolf123 Regular member

I have the partition all set up get too that point and pick the partition then it says something like you have no root something and it stops and can't go any further so if any one can help and yes this is a dual boot I am using xp and I don't have a new copy.

I would like too know also if I need too use the beginning of the HDD or will a partition surfise.

2. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

for the root partition you should use an ext3 partition and then select / for mount point

3. wolf123

wolf123 Regular member

Thanks but I figured out and now I have a dual boot system the only thing is I can't do all I can on windows and it is really lame.

Now if you didn't here MS is attemping too pursue lawsuits on patent infringment for mostly the office programs but thats because it's open source.

Boy I wish people would get there heads out of there ass and finally realize that MS is trying too control all software.

Oh well what can we really do about a billion dollar company.

4. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

you actualy can do all the same thing that you do in windows. if you use virtualbox you an run windows inside linux and use both os at the same time. and ms just needs to lighten up a bit