1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEED SOME HELP WITH NEW COMPUTER!!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by skyline, Mar 30, 2007.

1. skyline

skyline Regular member

hi i was wondering how to i check if my drivers are all there,

and i would also like to know how to remove this when i boot up my computer so that it just shows the WINDOWS XP loading screen.

First this comes up
    [​IMG]
    then this does
    [​IMG]
    and then this comes, can i make it so that my computer boots up with just the XP loading screen?
    [​IMG]

2. Zeyf414

Zeyf414 Regular member

Uh, you don't want those screens to go away. It is all part of the normal booting up of Windows.

Also, as for drivers, are you having issues? because if not i would be comfortable knowing that they are present.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

depends on the computer as might be able to disable post display screen at startup but why?

4. Blackjax

Blackjax Regular member

skyline,
    I see you got your new computer. Take a look in your manual that came with your motherboard. You can display a splash screen for most motherboards instead of what your seeing. I would not recommend doing it as these can be very important screens to see. What they are is the bios (Basic.Input.Ouput.System, the brains of your motherboard) displaying what it is doing on startup. I would suggest reading the manual throughly. It looks to be hunting for ide drives and you probably have a sata drive for your main drive because I see the cd/dvd-rom drive as the master on ide channel 0 which is usually where your main HDD goes.