1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some help with running backups

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Netscanur, Mar 13, 2003.

1. Netscanur

Netscanur Member

Alright, I have an xbox as well as a Playstation 2. I backed up several DVD's, all of which run on the Playstation2, but none of them run on the xbox. The problem is skipping... The discs skip a lot when they're on the xbox, and finally end up freezing up. I've also attempted to backup Halo, but am having trouble with that, too. I've FTP'd into my xbox and gotten all the files, made an xISO and burned it to a DVD-R, but it won't run. EvoX reads a game, but when I try to boot the game, the box restarts. I'm not sure if there's a region problem with my burner, or if it's my xbox, or what the problem is. Thanks tons

2. Ketola

Ketola Turned ninja Staff Member

Xbox is picky. Try using different brands of discs, and also try testing the games using DVD+/-RW discs.

3. Netscanur

Netscanur Member

I've got a DVD-R Burner, I was just wondering if any of you had success with a particular DVD-R or DVD-RW media, I'm not sure which to buy. Alright, thanks

4. pjclark1

pjclark1 Member

any ritek disks will work. Also Verbatim and Traxdata. Do not create an iso of any type, burn
    the files direct to dvd/cd using
    Stomp Recordnowmax v4.5
    data disk
    udf 128
    track at once, closed

5. Stevo2

Stevo2 Member

I make my iso's with simplex and burn to Datawrite yellow dvd-r. touch wood i haven't had one go belly up yet.
    (LG DVD multi)